I'm an illustrator, published author, writer mentor, coffee lover DYI'er, problem solver, and a positively optimistic creative type with no apparent off switch.
"New day, earth spins a little, creativity goes on..."
I divide my time creating work and writing about the business of creativity to help promote good business foundations to those who wish to make a career from their talent.
I create work for the Children's publishing, editorial and greeting card markets.
My images are a process based on good creative relationships, a eye for design combined with a strong attraction to narrative.
My creative writing centres around blogging, article writing and books with a strong focus on creativity. I work hard to help promote the industry through articles, book contributions and blogs focussing on illustration and good creative business.
It's a known fact, I can talk and write about illustration, creativity and creative business all day. If you are looking for someone to teach, mentor, speak or just throw ideas around, let me know!
• I attended NSCAD University for 5 years.
• I've been a freelance illustrator for almost 20 years!
• I'm published! I wrote my first book in 2009 through How Books-Breaking Into Freelance Illustration.
• I've written several articles on for the illustration/design and creative industry.
• I just finished illustrating my first Children's Book through Nimbus Publishing to be released Spring 2013.